Eagle project import: Attributes get lost(?), only standard fields are populated

Hi all,
I’m currently in progress importing some old Eagle 7.5 projects and lib in order to clean up the lib and have a good starting point for some new pcbs with the ‘old’ custom symbols and footprints.
I already understood that the importer does project imports with generation of local libs for referencing at them in sch and pcb. There is a (not fully automated) way to export the converted symbols and footprints to global new libs but I’m currently checking out what else could help to convert entire libs of symbols.

The included importer seems to ignore Eagle’s custom symbol attributes. But my Eagle sym lib has some ordering related details in it I would miss to get a complete bom. From the Eagle .sch file:

<attribute name="HERSTELLER" value="Phoenix Contact" constant="no"/>
<attribute name="MATERIAL-KURZTEXT" value="THT-CON DMC 1,5/8-G1F-3,5-LR P26THR" constant="no"/>
<attribute name="ORDER-CODE" value="1874043" constant="no"/>

I found this hint to a standalone converter and I was wondering if this will include the symbol/part attributes:
Yet another Eagle to KiCad converter
The conversion of an entire lib would be the more desired thing but until now I didn’t compile the sources. BTW Thanks @Karl for publishing this.

So perhaps something is wrong with my (little older) Eagle 7.5 files or KiCad really ignores this data.
Thanks for any hint to clearify where is the problem or limitation.

Just to get more detail: This importer isn’t just a set of py scripts?

I found this hint to a standalone converter and I was wondering if this will include the symbol/part attributes:

Yes, it will.

Thanks @Karl :+1:
So I will give it a try.

So is this a known issue of the built-in project converter that it doesn’t preserve the attributes as fields? Would this be something like a bug or a feature request?

Edit: To avoid a heavy mistake I read the docs but no limitation is stated there where it should be IMO:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.