Drill conversion txt to DRL

Hi

For my first topic, I’m trying to export an old project of Elektor (2001) from GC-Prevue+ to gbr. I’ve always convertied all layers F-Cut, F-Mask, etc … to gbr

Now I need to convert drill txt to DRL. how to do that. Opening TXT in gerbview and export into pcbview, and export in DRL : the drill file is empy

Bye

Damien

First, welcome on this forum.

I had a vague memory about GC-Prevue, a short search finds it is a gerber editor:

https://www.graphicode.com/GC-PrevuePlus

Quite a while back I wrote:

The trouble with Gerber files (at least all the “older” ones) is that things like pads are not defined at all. It’s just D-codes. In the tutorial above I did not bother to work with pads and holes at all. I just deleted them all, then took footprints from KiCad’s default libraries and then snapped one of the pads to an endpoint of a track. This does not only result in real pads (with their accompanying holes), but because you have real footprints in KiCad, you can also connect them with the schematic and verify that both result in the same netlist.

ok, thank you @paulvdh for helping

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.