Double window frame on Linux Mint 19

Installed Linux Mint 19 and now the windows all have a double frame… see screenshot. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Are you using Wayland? or X11?

Cinnamon which sits on gnome i belief.

This does not answer the question. wayland/x11 are the display servers that are below the window managers. You listed only window managers.

Ok.
echo $XDG_SESSION_TYPE
x11

Thanks. That was my best guess. :slightly_frowning_face:

Does it happen with other window managers like xfce also?

Haven’t tried xfce. But on Mint 18.3 I had no problem with the double window frame. Is there a solution?

Too early to say as we right now have no idea what could be the reason for your problems.

Let me know if you need additional info or tests I can do. In the mean time checked other apps on my system and none show the same behaviour.

Your best bet might be to report this over at the bugtracker to be honest.

Yes. Please install a different WM like XFCE and see if the issue remains. This will almost certainly be the first request at the bug tracker as well, so it would good to have the datapoint for them as well.

Installed xfce and same result.
Starting kicad pops up a window:
12:06:38 AM: Unable to add inotify watch (error 28: No space left on device)
12:06:38 AM: Unable to add inotify watch (error 28: No space left on device)
and reports:
*** BUG ***
In pixman_region32_init_rect: Invalid rectangle passed
Set a breakpoint on ‘_pixman_log_error’ to debug

This might be a hint. Things can behave strangely when you are out of disk space.

Gnome has notoriously buggy theming support. Try a stock gtk theme like adwaita.
Maybe related issues:
https://trac.wxwidgets.org/ticket/17971#no1

1 Like

Actually there is plenty of space.

Thanks, it’s a wxWidgets bug. It has the same error message. I tried changing themes to no avail. Unfortunately it’s a long standing bug.
Edit: I Timeshift-ed back to Mint 18.3, too much hassle running 19 atm.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.