DFPlayer Pro Symbol DFR0768 Location

no i have not made symbols or libraries .i thougt that this symbol should be available somewher.

Creating a symbol is easy. I’ll write up some instructions for you.
Meantime you need to create a personal library in which you can make and store the symbol.

This FAQ should explain how to make personal libraries.
Post on here if you have difficulties following the instructions.

Even if you found one you would still need a personal library as the system libraries are read-only. Pay attention to jmk.

I a\m paying attention, watching videos and trying to figure out what I should do. I came here asking if one existed. Apparently it does not. So it appears I have to make one.

So I now start researching how to make one. If I succeed I will somehow make it available so that anyone who wants to save time can download and use it rather than having to make one. What a waste of time for many people to have to learn how to make the same thing. It should be generally available.

Beware, a lot of videos are out of date. There is official documentation for this:

With zillions of parts out there and new ones added all the time, not every part will have a KiCad symbol. It’s really only 5 minutes work to make your own. If you are public spirited you could put it in a public repo (but get the pin electrical types correct too, a lot of downloadable symbols don’t get these right) but it would take more work to search than to make one.

Or just search a little better . . . there are some ideas there to get you started.

or . . .

ksnip_20230724-180529

@kartonman

Or if you wish to make Personal Libraries first, I will describe how to make the above symbol.

It is about 10 min. effort for someone just starting with symbol making.

Bad information. It takes more than 5 minutes to learn how to do it.

@retiredfeline says 5 min. I say 10 min.

Not much difference in the greater scheme of things.

How much time have you wasted looking for that module schema and footprint and posting asking for help to find it today???

snapeda has nothing useful. the other either. thank you for thr time anyway.
gaary

5 hours or so . thats why i came here.

Good, I’m glad I didn’t spend 5 minutes giving you information. :stuck_out_tongue:

ii made the symbol. now a footprint

So you now have personal symbol and footprint libraries and a symbol in the symbol library.

Now you wish for a footprint.

Need help or think you’re OK?

I found a video that I think is helpful. If I run into trouble I will be back. Between watching it (22 minutes) and getting necessary dimensions and whatever else I need, It will probably take a few hours. Will get at it in the morning. thank you.

In the footprint editor creating a new footprint I have the preferences set as in the image.

The dots do not show and the holes do not snap to any grid.

grid .1 inch
kicad6 windows

Grid shows for me in 6.0.10

can you do the same and open up an 0603 SMD resistor for scale.

Also check you don’t have the grid set to the same as the background colour

In the tool bar at the top of the screen around the middle of the worksheet beside the grid value is Zoom value.
Make sure you have scrolled up to at least Zoom = 2.2

I have zoom up and still nothing shows. How does one change grid color. I am working on the front silkscreen which is the default.

I can snap if I place the first hoe at the grid origin.

As @RaptorUK posted, you change themes in Preferences > Colors and then click on the coloured rectangle.

First you must change the “Theme”. Kicad default is “read only”.
Click on the small arrow, then “new theme”, give it a name. The colors will still show as the Kicad colors, but now they can be changed to whatever you wish.

If you are having trouble seeing the grid, change the “value” in the color picker to 255, and maybe change the colour with the circle.
You also have defined colours on the second tab.

Don’t forget to left click all the OKs.