Can't move power pins of multi unit part in schematic

When I place symbols of multi unit part in a schematic I can’t move power pins any more.
For example LM324 has four opamps (units A,B,C,D) and unit E for power pins.
I can move other units but power pins stay where I first put them.

Just to be clear. You can’t move unit E on the schematic? I wonder if it somehow got locked?

Before guessing too much:

• which Kicad version do you have in use?
  • which symbol exactly do you use? (from standard kicad library? or somewhere downloaded?)

generic advice regarding this forum: try to read New Member Information and follow the instructions. This enables you to get the next “basic” user level in this forum. With that user level you are allowed to attach a example project (use “File–>Archive project” from the kicad main project manager). With such a example project it’s easier for us to help you.

Is it the unit that cannot be moved? That sounds like an issue.

Or is it the pins which cannot be moved on the unit? That would be expected.

OK, I found solution.
I have to select both pins, value (LM324) and reference (U1E) but only by left click and drag until everything is selected. If I use Shift and click pins, value and reference one by one it won’t work, it will move only reference and value.
It will work if you select only two pins by click and drag. Value and reference will be selected automatically.

KiCAD Version 7 and 8.

Footprint: Package_DIP:DIP-14_W7.62mm
Symbol: Amplifier_Operational:LM324
Unit E

from standard library

1 Like

The global option in “Preferences–>Schematic Editor–>Editing Options–>Selection–>clicking on pin selects symbol” also influences this behaviour. You could play a little with the option enabled/disabled.

2 Likes

Thank you! Maybe it should be default. :+1: