Can't edit another component after changing component value

Hello all,

I have been working with the latest version of KiCad and I am having a weird problem.

Anytime I edit a single components value (like C-Small to 4.7uF), I suddenly can’t select a different component until I open up another component or power selection box. Any click I make, windows makes the sound as if there is a different window that I’m not seeing. Almost like there is further action necessary after changing a components value.

The only way I’ve found to be able to edit again is to go to the toolbar and select the “place power port” tool and then click in the schematic to bring up the selection window. At which point I’ll cancel out of the window and then I’ll be able to edit another components value.

I have to do that for every component…

Might this be related?

1 Like

Hm, that sounds a lot like it, although mine wasn’t in the nightly build. It was the stable release 4.0.7

I’ve noticed that my “solution” that I mentioned earlier doesn’t always work either. Sometimes doing “Windows + Tab” will fix it. It is super screwy. Maybe something to do with my windows system? I am on windows 10, 64 bit with triple monitors.

I’ll keep an eye on it because if this defect is in the stable release too, that would be pretty bad.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.