Calling subcircuit-model and passing parameters

Hello,

I would like to use the same subcicuite within one schematic with slight different values several times. Imagine a subcircuit where I would like to vary the value of a resistor.
According to the ngspice manual sec. 2.8.3 it should be possible to call a subcircuit and to hand over parameters like in a function/methode in c/c++.
Hence, I defined my subcircuit in a lib-file as follows and made a new component out of it:
.subckt mysubckt 1 2 3 4 p1=1k p2=1g

.ends
But how to call the subcircuit from Eeschema and to hand over the parameters? I tried to use the “value”-field and the “Spice Model”-field but did not succseed. Is there somewhere a description/manual for my problem?

Patrick

Please see my bug report (feature request) at https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad/+bug/1829618

1 Like

Thanks Holger. Sounds exactly what I was looking for. Do I get it right from Seths response that we have to wait for version 6.0.0 to get this feature?

New features can only be added to major releases. So yes you will need to wait at least till version 6 to get any new feature in stable.