Bug with new release?

Hi, I think others have experienced the ERC bug where the application used to crash, this seems to have been fixed on the later builds and the new release candidate, however, on Windows 7 32 bit and Windows XP 32 bit, the “Print Preview” crashes and closes the eeschema application. This is not happening on Windows 7 x64 version.

The preview works fine on older versions, or at least on a version built from source around May / June this year.

Just as an update - The version that I used last that works is BZR 6041, the latest version (6197) under windows XP, the print preview shows the window but no drawing and crashes saying “The instruction at “0x00671105” referenced memory at “0x00000010”. The memory could not be “read”. Click OK to terminate, or CANCEL to debug”. Windows 7 just crashes.

Any ideas if this is known or a fix is due?

Cheers

Best place to find info like that is the bug tracker: https://bugs.launchpad.net/kicad

Many thanks for the info. The main thing is that it is known about and fixed. Will watch for the next stable release.

I did look at bug tracker but didn’t find it with a search for Print Preview in the title. If it is listed there I missed it,

Thanks again for the support!