Altium footprint PcbLib importer?

I hereby certify that I am not simply asking someone else to design a footprint for me.

Hi,
is there a way to import an Altium footprint symbol or library (.PcbLib) format?
I remember there should be an option in 6.99 nightly but I cannot find the post…

I know you can open both altium schematics and PCB’s directly in KiCad V6, but I don’t know about the libraries.

There are also scripts to convert altium projects but I never used those.

Altium libraries cannot be imported directly at this time. It’s expected to be possible in the future.

I found the post I was missing

@pointhi is there available in k 6.99?
I’m not able to fin the menu to import an Altium PcbLib

I missed that you were talking about the nightly, sorry.

You don’t “import”, you just add the PcbLib file to your library table with type set to Altium Designer. You may have to paste in the path to the PcbLib file or type it manually, since right now the UI is expecting you to choose a folder, not a file (for KiCad-style libraries)

that was the way I tried but it seems it didn’t work in my case… should I have to enable special environment var in config?
here the PcbLib file I was trying to add:
https://www.mornsun-power.com/index/goods_category/downloadfile/filename/K78xxM-1000R3-PcbLib.zip
I added the folder cointaning the two PcbLib files

This is why it doesn’t work. You need to have a library table entry for each PcbLib file. Altium libraries are single files, not folders of files like KiCad libraries.

@craftyjon I also tried like that…
this is the error I get:
Missing null byte at end of property list. Imported data might be malformed or missing.

That sounds like you have it set up correctly, and the particular library you chose is not yet supported. Please open an issue with that library attached.

ok, thanks I’m going to open the issue
Done attached to this existent issue

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.