Adding kicad_sys file for model and pin configuration

hello
all files symbols are getting download as .kicad_sym file or even which are inside kicad already those are also in same format.
when i add those files under SPICE model from file, i dont get any option under model
what am i doing wrong here
and i’m not able to find any lib files online when ever i download file for kicad its giving me kicad_sym file
Thankyou for your help in advance

i want to use NCP1217D65 which is inside kicad library but i’m not able to specify that because i dont have lib file for it. how to get that from kicad_sym file
please @halger, waiting for your feed back

The wording of your question (and, question) suggests you know nothing about this topic with respect to Kicad.

I suggest reviewing this - it will help your understanding

(and, I think you meant @holger spelling is important…)

@BlackCoffee thanks for suggestions
I’ll try to focus on spellings also next time
And actually i was thinking about more of a video toturial thing for all this but i couldn’t find any till now or may be i dont know where to look
I’ll real @holger page again and try to understand how ngspice is connected with kicad

Try YouTube, search for ‘Kicad ngspice’

@BlackCoffee i tried but i’m not able to find what i’m looking for
my problem is i have the part which i’m looking for in kicad default library but to do pin assignment i need to provide spice model which is not available as far as i searched
i have cad model which gave me file for kicad but how can i use it
Screenshot 2024-02-20 175458
its from onsemi cad model is available for bunch of softwares but not for spice
in this condition how to tell kicad pin assigments

I don’t look at models that users post - sorry.

Maybe this will help… Think about this Example:

A Resistor has resistance and, generally, we think it’s a constant value and we simulate the circuit using that constant value. This is an ‘ideal’ resistor as it Behaves in a constant, ideal, non-special way.

We have a simple circuit containing that Resistor. What if we want to exchange the Resistor and use a chunk of Wire for which we know it’s Resistance (because we know Diameter, Length and Resistivity (p) ).
So, finally we’ve cut a chuck of wire that has the same resistance as the (ideal) Resistor.

We build our gizmo (with the Wire) and test it in a Hot-Box only to realize Voltage/other is not what it was at room temperature and we realize the resistance changed because of Temperature.

Now, we want to improve our simulation so, instead of using a constant (ideal) resistance value, we want to use an equation (Expression) and we’ll setup a simulation that has a Temperature variable for the equation to use)

Thus, we can have a general analysis or, a refined analysis. You, the user, gets to decide.

It’s usually best to build a simulation with ‘dumb/ideal’ models then, refine/tweak as needed. Start simple with Constant values then, build a .lib (can call it something else, too) that contains that Constant value. Can add the .lib (as indicated in video) or can place a .include or .model Text-String in schematic

Quick Example: I’m not going to bother setting up the Equation (.lib/etc) or Temperature Variable in schematic. But, you should be able to glean from the video what you need to do… You’ll see the Parameters and Code Tabs, too… Your homework is to investigate/search the internet. (these two Tabs show the Pads/connection nodes)

I opened the Tab to select a .lib/other but, I did Not select one (I did not create one for this example)

While possible to get good Modeling/simulation help and info at this forum, other sites are better suited for this part of learning.

Kicad forum is more about using Kicad and implementing (into a Schematic/PCB) the circuit you know (and can doodle on scratch paper)

@BlackCoffee thanks for your help and i became a bit busy with work past couple of days so i’ll start my work today
i knew about putting resistor values and all but i don’t have any idea about .lib file and according to what i understood we have to make that .lib file (i think)
I’ll work on it and again a big thanks for doing all the work and definitely I’ll get back to u after working on it

For commonality across simulator’s, the various files that define the behaviour of the components/etc are are called .lib, .model, etc.
But, you can call them what you want, including .txt

As indicated, they can be Called via setting them in various panels but, they can also be called directly from the Schematic.

Screenshots below show this…

First One calls a .txt file containing a .MODEL (the Fields and Code tab gets filled with data from it)

Second One defines LED and NPN Model’s in the Schematic and are Not called from the panels.

Not shown: Can also Call the model files from the schematic using .INCLUDE (the file name/location_path…)

Model/etc can be simple (especially for testing them) or complex…