Assignments of nets has changed from V6 → V7. In V6 and earlier you manually put each net in a net class, while in V7 you create “patterns” and net classes are assigned to nets based on the created patterns. You can create / edit these patterns both in the schematic and PCB editors.
I don’t know the details, I have not used this much myself. I also don’t know if this can cause conversion problems with old schematics.
I’m seeing the same here with an older project opened in V7.0.0-rc2. It has 6 net classes of various widths, but the “pattern” area remains empty. I did not even realize it was a bug because I’m unfamiliar with this new pattern assignment thing.
I can add a pattern, but I have to add a slash in front of the net names before KiCad recognizes them for netclass assignment.
I have noticed before that issues on gitlab went “missing” after a request to make them confidential. I don’t know how much of a “hindrance” this confidentiality thing is, and how many of the KiCad developers can not see the issue anymore. If this is of any importance, then I can create and upload another test project, so there is no need to keep it confidential anymore.
Two other guesses:
I guess that it happens with most older projects ported to the new system, so lot’s of people could make a test case.
I guess it’s a quite small thing and easy to fix, so not worth making much fuss about.
I’d guess that those who need to know, know, and are also able to find the bug and describe it “technically” without the original report, to whom ever decides to fix the bug.
I’m pleased that a report was made and the forum notified.
Next time I see a 404 on a linked report I’ll know it is confidential and the reporter was polite enough to inform the forum a report was made.