.zip file not present in field F3 .lib

Hello,
Attached you have the .lib and .dcm files of a library I’m creating.
I use a zip-file for the datasheets from multiple manufacturers
The link is available in the .dcm file, but not in the .lib file (F3 field).
For .pdf datasheet this works correctly.

In the Library Symbol properties window the link to the zip-file is available and can be opêned.

Anyone has the same problem ?

I’m using : Version: 5.1.5+dfsg1-2, release on a Debian Sid system

_MyResistors.dcm (958 Bytes) _MyResistors.lib (3.9 KB)

The .lib entry is a legacy field. In v4 both fields could be populated which lead to conflicts. In v5 it was decided that the symbol editor only populates the dcm field (as it is the more powerful one that can differ between aliases). EEschema then takes the dcm field and uses that (unless the lib field is populated to ensure backwards compatibility)

Hello Rene,
Thanks for the quick answer.
Indeed this could create conflicts, especially when you manipulate the .lib and .dcm files in a text editor.
The field doesn’t show up in the symbol editor, even if you tick the show button.
This should then also be linked to the .dcm field, no ?
Bruno

The field really is not what is important. The documentation link is more used for the button that opens it. And as i said the old field is kept unchanged for legacy reasons and that one is what is shown in the symbol editor as text. (The position of fields in the symbol editor really does not matter as they are autoplaced in eeschema anyway. Which means there really is no reason to show that field to be honest.)

All of this will be better with the new file format as it is then allowed to clean up such things.

ok, fine, no problem. I’ll leave it as this then.
With new file format, do you mean a new symbol library file structure ? For V6 ?
Is there already some information available on this new structure ?

There is a link to a google document somewhere on the mailing list

This one ?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lyL_8FWZRouMkwqLiIt84rd2Htg4v1vz8_2MzRKHRkc/edit

I seem to remember there to be some comments. So either this is just a copy or the comments have been incorporated and then deleted.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.