XYRS BoM generating issue

Hi,
As the Fab doesn’t support the .pos file from Kicad,I was trying to generate XYRS BoM file using this plugin in Kicad 5.1.12 on a Win10 PC:

and am getting an error “ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.”

Can anybody please help to resolve this error?
and is there any other tool available to generate the XYRS BoM file?

Thanks,
Sujith

You probably need to use the python that is bundled within KiCad to run this. You don’t mention the platform but this is a recognised problem on macOS and I think Windows too. If you use the complete path to the binary instead of just ‘python’, this should go away.
EDIT i see you are using Windows but think the same applies.

Hi John,
Sorry, I have updated the Kicad version and OS details on the original post.

I have tried using the full path, same error:

and I opened the Kicad python command prompt from Kicad\bin folder and tested by import pcbnew, got the same error:

I’m not a Windows user but you could try creatIng a user environment variable “PYTHONPATH”

C:\Program Files\KiCad\lib\python2.7\site-packages

BTW, are you running a 32 bit version on a 64 bit processor? I know there were some issues about MINGW but have not followed this. Someone else might chip in here but it might be helpful to post the FULL version info ( copy from the about KiCad dialogue).

No, I am running a 64bit version only.

Please find the version info:

Application: KiCad
Version: (5.1.12)-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.5
libcurl/7.77.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1k (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.9 zstd/1.5.0 libidn2/2.3.1 libpsl/0.21.1 (+libidn2/2.3.1) libssh2/1.9.0 nghttp2/1.43.0
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.5 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.75.0
OpenCASCADE Technology: 7.5.0
Curl: 7.77.0
Compiler: GCC 10.3.0 with C++ ABI 1014

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=OFF
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Just in case somebody is interested: KiBot can now generate XYRS files.

The internal BoM generator can include footprint position, rotation and side.

Note that you need the current git code.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information.

will the pip install method work on Windows 10?

The XYRS support is available only for the git code, no stable release, so pip isn’t available.
Also: for Windows you need to install a lot of support stuff.
If you want to try it I’ll suggest using GitHub Actions (see the README about the v1_k6 tag).
Additionally, some details of MacroFab dialect aren’t yet implemented, like footprint size, they will be available soon.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.