Working with hierarchical sheets and multi unit parts

Hi!
I wonder what the best workflow is for working with multi-unit parts and hierarchical sheets.

I regulary am in the Situation that I have e.g. a few quad op amps and I only use some of them in one sheet.
I already figured out that I can place parts and manually edit their reference and unit in the symbol properties. This works, but only if I manually annotate them first, which is inconvenient.
Also, I don’t really like having to place the power pins on the level above - I’d like to place the power pins, decoupling caps etc. directly in the sheet. -I work around that by creating a new sheet by changing the name in the ‘Schematic sheet properties’ and placing them in that new sheet.

I found ways to work with multi-unit parts in hierarchical sheets, -but it all feels a but unelegant and inefficient.
What’s your workflow? How do you keep track of multi-unit parts?
Is there a way of choosing the parts-unit in an hierarchical sheet before annotating them without changing it in all sheets?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.