WireSolderPads printing out faint

Hi, I’ve spent about an hour trying to fix this so hopefully someone has had the same problem. I use wirepads when via’ing to a ground plane so I have therm relief. However the pads are coming out faint on my print outs. In the print preview they appear yellow (attached). Any idea what I’ve done wrong? This is only the F.Cu layer, so it’s not silkscreen.

In the print dialog there is a selector if you want to print in color or black and white.

Yes thank you. That’s set to B&W so the print comes in grey scale as shown, where component pads are solid but the wirepads are faint

What kicad version are you using?
Is it possible for you to make a screenshot of kicads print dialog? (maybe the one in your version has different options.)

Hi Rene. I’m using Pcbnew 4.0.2-stable. Here’s the print dialog. I’ve just restarted PcbNew and it’s fixed itself. All these wirepad were on top of vias, and then I went around and removed the vias so I think it’s querk of PcbNew that you need to restart to have the wirepad’s footpads printed correctly if they were overlayed onto now removed vias.

1 Like

Now nice and solid