Wire is grouped in block with the symbol, but the symbol not grouped with wire

Hi,
wire is grouped in block with the symbol in my eeschema. If i had selected the piece of wire, (even not nearest to the symbol) they are grouped in block, so i can delete it together with the symbol only.
and i don’t have to find how to make it “ungroup” or something else. (As in ArchiCad can group or ungroup some elements)

And i had found in my eeschema project, that the symbol is not grouped with the wire - i can 2 select and delete the symbol separately, but wire can be selected and deleted with the symbol together only.

is it bug or i need just to improve my project settings?

or just is there the “UNSELECT BLOCK” function?

thanx for the readin.

You don’t need “Block select” to delete wire.
Just hover your cursor over piece of wire to delete and hit Del.

I don’t select the block. They are already selected as block when i tap on a piece of wire!

The problem is that i don’t had find, how to “unselect” block back or “ungroup block”

How do you recognize they’re selected block?
In EESCHEMA the selected items beome “pale”/greyed. If I hit ESC they deselect.

the hoover mouse to wire become symbol + wire are dimmed.
the hoover mouse to symbol becomes symbol dimmed only.

of coarse, hit ESC released it both, but both are unselected, i cant delete wire

Mouse hover itself does not perform any selection in my system.
Do you issue any keyboard command?

of coarse, i mean hoover+click. excuse me for unprecision.

So it’s not “hover and click”, but typical “drag block selection”.
You click and hold mouse button, keep it pressed and move cursor to draw a selection rectangle, right?

First, to delete wire you don’t need to select it. Just put your mouse cursor over the wire, do not select nor click anything, and just press DEL.
Second, if you drag to the end of wire where it gets in contact with symbol, you’ll select the symbol too.
This is because it’s enough that you draw rectangle on only part of item, to select that item. Let it be symbol’s junction point.

yes, because if i just hover mouse to wire and right click call dropdown menu , then press del, it becomes the nearest to the wire symbol will deleted only. Wire stayed home. And the wire isn’t connected to the symbol, i had moved the symbol from wire and wire is separately now.symbol_and_wire
UPDATE:
Oh, forget - the wire was never connected to the symbol, because i had deleted the old symbol, which was out of grid, then pasted the new one from library, and the wires connections stayed old, but not connected to the new symbol, because it was placed to the left of it’s old position, so it’s pins don’t touched the old wires.

Oh you have the off-grid mess here.
You can also use the selection rectangle to select wire only, but keep the selection away from symbol’s pins to avoid the symbol will be selected.
Hover+del will work if you have items properly located on the grid.

i mean, that wires are separate and rectangle small enough to include the symbol. even if i had select the far end of the wire, the symbol is selected together with the wire. (i mean 2 pieces of wires, under mouse crossing) and right of cross - all with rectangles on it’s ends.

What is your KiCad version? (help->about kicad-> copy version info)

it’s fresh - testing 609 yesterday had installed.

2020-04-27 17_50_37-About Eeschema

just my OS is win10, fresh installed 1week ago, so i 'm in doubt, why Kicad installer defined it as win8.1

i just can redraw all, but it’s very lazily! I prefer to find, how to unbrick the bloks?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.