Why is the latest nighly file size so large?

The nightlies have been around 107MB for quite a while, but I notice the nightly for May 11 is 833MB. I was curious why this would be the case?

My guess would be that the 3d models are now included again.

Someone speculated on another forum that this could mean the V5 release may be very close.

Don’t get your hopes up too early. The next step will be the RC2 release. (string freeze or user interface freeze) Last week wayne indicated that two major bugs block this release. We will get an update on the mailing list shortly before the release (a few days prior)

After that some time will be needed for updating the documentation. So i would guess it will be at least one month till the release (probably more as i suspect a few major bugs will still be discovered. Especially the current problems with Ubuntu might need addressing.)

I guess with the ‘freeze’ in place there aren’t that many commits to warrant frequent updating anyhow.

When V5rc2 is released as the official “testing candidate”, many people will be trying it for the first time from V4 and they will expect the symbols, footprints and models to be included.
After that milestone Nightlies would be a migration towards rc3 or V5.0.0 and could shrink again. There really should not be any further major changes of V5 libraries from now on.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.