Why is my DRC check using this rule for default net class? TINY FEATURE REQUEST

The DRC appears to be failing a rule of 0.508 mm minimum for default net class. But I do not have such rule. My actual default clearance setting is 0.245 mm. All nets in this design are classified as default, and others which are much tighter but >0.245 mm are not flagged as errors.

EDIT: It looks like a different clearance setting for zones? But I cannot find that setting. What is going on?

OK after seeing that it was zones I found this…I guess this answers it! Thanks again, @Rene_Poschl . Have not seen you for a while

TINY FEATURE REQUEST: Could we add a note in the net class rules dialog box saying that zone clearances are set in the properties of the individual zones?

1 Like

Actually IMO the DRC error message needs to be changed, it’s misleading. It would have guided you to the correct place if it had told it’s the zone setting.

2 Likes

Yes thanks; I agree. However I can see that that fixing that means complicating the internal DRC process which could introduce bugs. So will require more care. On the other hand, adding a note to the net class rules dialog box will have zero “knock-on” effects and would have saved me time wondering what was going on. Perhaps the note could be a good interim fix? Should I introduce a bug report?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.