Why are the DRC arrows not showing?

Hi,

When I run DRC checker, I get five messages about unconnected items. The info is there, as usual, but the red arrows which normally show where these items are located do not show up. I havent been using KiCad for a few months, so there might be a setting I am forgetting about. How do I get these arrows back?

Hi Nils,

What version are you using?

When you click on the error does it bring the cursor to the error location on the board?

Hi JohnRob,

I’ve copied the version info below:

Application: Pcbnew
Version: (5.1.6)-1, release build
Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.0.4
libcurl/7.66.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1d (Schannel) zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.1.1) nghttp2/1.39.2
Platform: Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8)
Boost: 1.71.0
OpenCASCADE Community Edition: 6.9.1
Curl: 7.66.0
Compiler: GCC 9.2.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
USE_WX_GRAPHICS_CONTEXT=OFF
USE_WX_OVERLAY=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=OFF
KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
BUILD_GITHUB_PLUGIN=ON
KICAD_USE_OCE=ON
KICAD_USE_OCC=OFF
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Yep it brings me to the error location, but since I have a lot of items in that location its hard to tell where exactly the problem is without the arrows.

I’ve moved to the nightly’s so I can’t do much for the 5.1.6.
I’m assuming the errors are on the PCB not the schematic.

Do you have another design (perhaps older) where you can move something to force an error for DRC to catch? See if the arrows are present. This would determine if your error is in the program or something to do with the project file.

Red arrows do not show up for unconnected items. Only ratsnest.

I usually turn down the opacity of the layer and toggle the rats nest on/off to see where it is if I can’t immediately see the line.

1 Like

I was looking for a way to highlight the ratsnest similar to how a net is highlighted. Is there a way in the nightly’s?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.