Which Nightly Build?

I need to install a nightly build on a Windows 10 machine. On page:

https://downloads.kicad.org/kicad/windows/explore/nightlies

I am confused by which version to download and install. Should it be the one with, or without, the “-pbs” suffix? What does it mean for an installation file to have this suffix?

It is a 64 bit machine.

I am not the expert here…but I do what I think you want. I think that most Win10 machines are 64 bit and I am fuzzy about that part. I use the:
*x86_64-lite.exe
which I think excludes a lot of footprint and symbl libraries, perhaps some wizards. I make my own symbols and footprints based upon the KiCad libraries which I downloaded originally years ago.

If you want the complete package I think you want the
*x86_64.exe

Anyway I am completely satisfied with my method on a Win10 Dell laptop. Maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong; perhaps explain what is the “-pdbs”

I remember looking this up somewhat recently, all it took was some searching (that little magnifying glass in the upper right-hand of this site). The tl;dr is it is for bug tracing, you only need it if a dev asks you to use it.

I installed the version without -pdbs and it is working. Thanks. :wink:

Why do you want to install a nightly version at this point in time?

KiCad V6.0 has been released at Christmas, and that was KiCad-nightly V5.99 upto that moment.

At the moment current nightly versions are 6.99 and these are not compatible anymore with KiCad V6.0

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.