I'm making a component (TL071 opamp) in the Library Editor & saving it using these steps (as per Getting Started guide):
1) Save Current Component To New Library - save "myLib.lib in "library" folder
2) Preferences - Component Libraries - add "library" in "User defined search path" and "myLib.lib" in "Component library files"
3) Select Working Library - Select Library - "myLib" - OK
4) Update current component in current library
5) Save current library to disk
Phew! Clunky or what? So, then I open Eeschema & go Preferences - Component Libraries - add path in "User defined search path" and file.lib in "Component library files". Phew again!
I click "A" to place component, choose "myLib" and my custom component appears in the dialog box - cool!
But when I click to place it, I get the default TL071 from the built-in libraries, not my custom TL071 from "myLib" library!!??
What's going on here & how do I fix it? It's driving me nuts?!