Where to find project cases with LCD cutout?

I hope this is the proper place for this question.
I’m doing another project that uses the 16x2 LCD display but can’t seem to find a case for it (off the shelf) that I don’t have to cutout the opening for the LCD display.
Any one have a source for such a thing? You would think they would be many, but no cigar.
Thanks,
OtG

I think you need something like this:

Something like this ?

Maybe you should invest in a 3D printer instead? They change so much about the mechanical side of PCB design, instead of trying to fit a PCB in a case you now can fit the case around the PCB.

1 Like

… Or a half decent CNC router. Then it’s quite easy to make a custom hole in an exisiting enclosure, or make your own by hollowing out some (ply) wood.

It’s also becoming more common to order custom made parts, even from PCB manufacturers. See for example the link below.

Thanks, Those look good, I assume you can get LCD cutouts as option. I like this one … Diatec | Wall Mount & Desktop Enclosures | OKW
Any idea how much these guys want? Looks kinda expensive unless one is buying 1000’s
I saved their web site and appreciate the reply.
OtG

Thanks for the reply, this looks good for prototyping !
Thanks,
OtG

I wonder if their is anyone local that offers 3D services, or use an excuse to buy one. :grinning:

There are many all around - search for “Print Hubs” or “3D Print Hub” then dial it down to your location…

Many local Copy shops also have them… a few within one mile from me…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.