Where is make_gw_export_fc.py?

Hello, new user here. Trying to understand the use of scripts to make 3d models. All instructions I find call for the use of make_gw_export_fc.py. Where is this located?

Kicad 5.1.5
Freecad 0.18
cadquery 1.2.0
kicad StepUp 8.3.2.0

What I am trying to accomplish is a 3d model generation for a TLP2270 chip in an SOIC-8 with body of 7.5 x 5.85.

I took the cadquery script for SOIC and deleted all parms but SOIC_8, and modified the body size.

Now how do I run it?

Tom

for windows run the create_model-all.bat
for linux use the command line with: Freecad main_generator.py

Well, after updating the FreeCAD name and correcting the location, I get FreeCAD to open but it stops at:
Exception while processing file: main_generator.py [[Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘check-log.md’]

BTW: OS: Windows 10

OK, errno 13 is an access permission thing. Read/Write/Create check-log file restricted to admin.

Ran as admin and got actual output! :smile:

Took a lot of time and updating of files, both .bat and .py to get it to work.

Tom

I assume you started the script while your path was in the script directory (first cp or dir to the correct location then run the script)

If you were then i would suggest to change the permissions on the file system instead of running as admin.

Yes, I was in the directory. Hope things still work next time I need to do that.

I did change the permissions so will see next time if that is enough.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.