Where are the PCB Editor configuration stored? (clearances, constraints...)

I was trying to build a script to copy default settings for what concern all the clearances, constraints, text and graphics, track widths.

I found that .kicad_pcb should contain a setup section with all the configuration parameters, but my files don’t have it.

Where is this information stored? Is there a way to create a configuration file that someone can run at the beginning to have a predefined configuration setup?

Thanks

For general Kicad-settings look at the FAQ: Where are the configuration files (settings, library tables)?

project-settings are stored in the project-directory, in project-file *.kicad_pro
Do you have thought about the use of a empty template project?

Yes I found the PCB settings in the project file. But looking online I found that PCB settings should have been specified in the PCB file.
Can you send any reference about creating a project template? Thanks

But looking online I found that PCB settings should have been specified in the PCB file.

That online-source was maybe written for a older kicad-version. There was a major change from v5 to the newer v6/v7 model.

Can you send any reference about creating a project template?

As I don’t use templates I can’t help with personal experience.
I can only point you to the official manual/documentation: https://docs.kicad.org/
The templates topic got an own section: KiCad | 7.0 | English | Documentation | KiCad
If I look correctly these section covers the usage as well as the creation of templates.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.