When's V7 coming out? (and a thank you)

Ok seriously

THANK YOU Tomasz the following

PCB and footprint editing

• Drag components with traces attached (Tomasz Wlostowski)

I only really started using KC when the later 5.99 nightlies where being uploaded and the lack of this has been an annoyance

Thank you team for v6 - ( the lads finally old grown up to play with girls)

I read somewhere on the forum (Can’t seem to find it now) that the devs are planning on doing a major release every year in January.

2 Likes

See the major release policy here: Stable Release Policy | Developer Documentation | KiCad

TL;DR: v7 is planned by January 31, 2023.

(I was being sarcastic !!!)

I’m chuffed to bits v6 is out it seems to have sorted out all the things (for me) which were a PITA

Ok so in the past, when I told that we should wait 1 year to get the 7.0, I was contradicted but I was genuinely right.

Ok let’s wait for Jan 2023, perhaps there will be zillions of new and ameliorated things :slight_smile:
Meanwhile I update with the daily testing versions. Nothing special are there, but at least some annoying bug is solved.

I run the nightlies. I’m only these days doing pcb designs as a hobby since I retired , so I’m quite happy to balance precariously on the “ bleeding edge “ :smile:

( and the new features are nice to have )

1 Like

I use the much safer daily Testing as most of my boards are for my company

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.