What's wrong with footprint?

In my shield for an Arduino Due I added a reset button, SW_MEC_5G.
In the picture you see the symbol in the schematic and the part of the board with the switch SW3.
The schematic shows one pin connected to ground and the other one connected to RESET.
But in the layout both pins are connected to RESET which is pin 3 of J1.
This is not what the schematic defines.
What is wrong?

Select your schematic symbol, open it’s properties panel and then turn on the pin numbers (In the lower left corner).

Is this a riddle? :slight_smile:
I’m guessing that RESET is somewhere outside the visible area connected to GND (pin 3 of J1 net is also RESET and not GND).

RESET is the master reset of the Due and nowhere connected to ground.

But showing the pin numbers in the schematic solved the problem. The two pins are 1 and 3 and not 1 and 2.
Thank you for the tip.

If you have no pin 2 at schematic then where from KiCad got the connection for SW3 pin 2?
I think not all is cleared yet.

The symbol for SW3 looks like this:

There seem to be double pin numbers.

I suppose this symbol is intended for standard tact switches that have 4 pins with pairs shorted internally.
I use only my own symbols with my own footprints assigned to them so I have no doubts what is for what and when I add symbol to schematic the right footprint is also selected at this moment.

Not sure why you chose a symbol with 4 pin numbers when there are standard symbols in the library with 2 pin numbers like SW_PUSH. Especially when the footprint has 2 pad numbers. It comes back to the requirement to match the number of pin numbers in the symbol with the number of pads in the footprint. Did you not get a warning on checking for pin/pad mismatch?

Even if you had used the tactile switches with 4 pins like I do all the time using SW_PUSH, the pad numbers in that footprint are 1 1 and 2 2, indicating that pairs of pins are the same connection. But your footprint clearly has 2 pads (aside from the mounting pads) so that can’t be a reason to choose a 4 pin symbol.

Edit: I suppose there was no way for to know about the drawbacks of SW_MEC_5G as 2 pin numbers are hidden. The symbol is a strange one. Seems to come from the days of pin stacking. The datasheet link doesn’t work. I’ll certainly continue to avoid it.