What is pad clearance?

what is pad clearance, and how to change this clearance for a footprint ,how it will affect the designer while designing , if it create any problem how to solve this.I have attached the img in this.

Note : see the img, in that the img contain red line around the pad of the footprint.

I am currently working in KiCad version 5.1.4

The pad clearance determines how near copper of a differing net can be. It is set in the pad or footprint properties. 0 clearance means the next level up will be used. On the board level this clearance is set per netclass.

But the red line is crossing the nearest pad as the img below , for that what can I do?

Reduce the clearance or select a component with larger spacing if you require thid large clearance

1 Like

how to change and where to change in my KiCad Application

guide me in step to change
KiCad version 5.1.4

File -> board setup; in the dialog there is a tree of settings pages, select the one responsible fir wirking with netclasses. See the last part of my tutorial Tutorial: Introduction to PCB design with KiCad version 5.1 (Getting Started)

thank you Rene_Poschl

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.