What happened to the footprint mode button in pcbnew?

I am using the latest stable version of KiCAD (5.1.4) on Ubuntu 16.04 at home and Win10 at work. To my surprise, I cannot find the footprint mode button in either version! How can I spread the footprints outside the pcb outline then?

After looking at this I might be misinterpreting the wording. I think the new default is to spread the footprints. Been a while since I’ve started a new project.

The netlist import (and update pcb from schematic) already spreads them so that button is no longer required. How did you import the footprints into pcb new to get a result where you would need that button?

@hermit and @Rene_Poschl: Thank you for your responses. I was not aware that the newest KiCAD spreads by default the components imported from an updated netlist! At work (on Win10), I think the new components that were imported into an existing board either through the ‘Load netlist’ or ‘Update pcb from schematic’ buttons were imported as an already selected block and they were spread out. I think that only the initial import into a blank board without a defined edge cut brought in overlapping components, but I am speaking from memory here.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.