What happened to CTRL + Left Click highlight feature?

Hi,

As I’m working with pcbnew from nightlies, I’ve seen an odd behavior. Normally we were using ‘CTRL + Left Click’ as trace highlight. But right now with nightlies it works like ‘SHIFT + LMB’. Is this on purpose or some kind of bug?

Also couldn’t find a new highlighting method from the menus or obvious shortcuts I’ve tried.

Edit Note:
OK, found the selection method which is left click select and then press ‘u’ (or right click on the selection and then click on the ‘Selection/Expand Selection’ from the context menu.

But still it does not highlight the the whole trace.

Application: Pcbnew

Version: 5.99.0-unknown-2932fe1e6~106~ubuntu20.04.1, release build

Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.0.4
	libcurl/7.68.0 OpenSSL/1.1.1f zlib/1.2.11 brotli/1.0.7 libidn2/2.2.0 libpsl/0.21.0 (+libidn2/2.2.0) libssh/0.9.3/openssl/zlib nghttp2/1.40.0 librtmp/2.3

Platform: Linux 5.4.0-54-generic x86_64, 64 bit, Little endian, wxGTK, ubuntu, x11

Build Info:
	Date: Nov 22 2020 10:17:08
	wxWidgets: 3.0.4 (wchar_t,wx containers,compatible with 2.8) GTK+ 3.24
	Boost: 1.71.0
	OCC: 7.3.0
	Curl: 7.68.0
	ngspice: 31
	Compiler: GCC 9.3.0 with C++ ABI 1013

Build settings:
	KICAD_SCRIPTING=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_MODULES=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_PYTHON3=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_WXPYTHON_PHOENIX=ON
	KICAD_SCRIPTING_ACTION_MENU=ON
	KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
	KICAD_SPICE=ON
1 Like

I think you are talking about net (not just trace!) highlighting which was Ctrl+LMB IIRC. It’s a tool in the right hand toolbar, the second one from top.

This was changed on purpose. Quite many shortcuts/hotkeys and keyboard/mouse combinations have been changed. Mostly to be more consistent with other software and internally. Sometimes it’s annoying, but I try to adapt.

1 Like

You’re right @eelik, I was talking about that feature.

I’m also in the same adapting process. I hope things wouldn’t change much at RC stage :slight_smile:

Thank you.

There’s also the Nets tab in the Appearance panel, you can highlight nets from the context menu, but it works only if you find the net by name in the list.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.