Web page FAQ position

Forum webpage design problem.
The FAQ control is hard positioned from the left margin. The Search, Topic and User controls are more affected by the window width.
The consequence is that full screen on my 2560 x 1440 monitor, the FAQ is exactly superimposed on the User, so when I see a notification, it is very hard to select.
This is using Firefox on Windows 7.
FAQ_bug

lol. First world problem. :rofl:

I can see that when I drag-resize the window wider the FAQ link moves faster to the right getting closer to the search/menu/user icons. When I go full screen the FAQ link is on top of the search icon. My screen resolution is 3200x1800 with 150% scaling.

This sort of thing is a common usability problem with 2k and 4k monitors,

What happens if you hold CRTL and rotate your mousewheel?
This zooms in/ou in Firefox (At least on my Linux box).

Like 98% or so of the websites this forum is unfortunately fixed with and does not scale properly on wide or small monitors.

I usually work with a rotated monitor. 1200 pixels wide and 1920 high. A bunch of websites (Ali / Ebay) are slightly wider than 1200 pixels (inclusive borders) which is quite anoying.

My next monitor wil be 90+cm and 3800x2500.

To me it looks like the FAQ control has been tacked on. If it had been added to the search etc controls, this would not happen

It’s also a problem on mobile devices - the FAQ link is not visible on an iPhone or a my Android tablet when in portrait mode.

@ChrisGammell

(and some characters to make the forces that are happy :slight_smile: )

The Ctrl-Mousewheel zoom works on Windows 7 too

Hardware engineer here, checking in about my complete lack of ability with CSS. Suggestions welcome.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.