Voltage and current controlled source

I state that it is the first time I use kicad (I use as new 19.2 mate) and I would like to transfer some models created with ltspice to kicad.
in the models there are symbols with dependent sources (E, H, F, G, B) that do not come as drawing them in eeschema to execute the simulation.
if someone will help me, I thank him.

These symbols are currently not available. So we have to help ourselves. The non-linear Bsource and the current-controlled F and H sources are shown in the attached examples.

I have taken the voltage or current source symbols VDC and IDC from library Simulation_Spice and modified them by clicking onto the symbol and editing the contents of the Symbol Properties table.

The voltage controlled sources E and G will require new symbols with inputs added to a source.

Edit: library files see below.

Here is an update containing all 5 sources (E, H, F, G, B).

The library Gsources contains 2 symbols for G source and E source.

Edit: library files see below.

Just another update.

The file controlled-sources.lib contains a symbol library with all 5 symbols E, H, F, G, B. These symbols add the ngspice controlled sources (see ngspice manual chapts. 4.2 and 5) to the Eeschma symbol libraries.

The Eeschema project controlled-sources-2.sch is an example for using the library.

controlled-sources.7z (3.9 KB)

Thanks.
I saw the lib you attached, but I don’t know how to enter the values.
I am attaching the template (.asc) that I would like to import from LTspice with the images of the various sources involved.
sources.tar.gz (369.9 KB)

1 Like

Using KiCad 5.1.4:

Place library *.lib and *.dcm files into folder of your choice.

Eeschema --> Tools --> Symbol Library Editor --> Preferences --> Manage Symbol Libraries --> +

Enter nickname (your selection)
click ‘library path’ to select library (*.lib)
enter description

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.