Visualisation 3D

seems that your hard disk has huge issues. Time to thoroughly check it for bad clusters and repair it.

Good evening,

Me neither, I do not understand exactly the reasons for this dysfunction.

I don’t think that something was “broken”, but rather what was the element which prevented the installation of the new libraries under 5.1.9.

Because it is clear that these libraries did not install during my previous tests. Probably one or more files were blocking this installation. Moreover, for the last valid installation, the times were much longer than for the previous ones.

I unfortunately did not look in my trash can the names of the elements that I destroyed … too bad, that could have been useful.

But all this is a thing of the past since everything is working perfectly now.

However, I will remain very careful with the next updates …

I will have one point left to settle, and that is the manufacture of 3D models for components that do not exist in the footprints.

I also use FreeCad very regularly (for 3D printing) and I understand that there are possibilities on this side, provided I have the workshop in connection with Kicad.

Thanks again for your help.

I have just updated to 5.1.10 at two PCs (Windows 7) with no problems.
At one I have clear install (after uninstalling I delete the kicad directory in AppData\Roaming) and at second one I have my configuration (I do only uninstall and install).
But (as tradition) I don’t install KiCad in Program Files directory but in made by me separate directory - it is because something what was written in 4.0.x documentation files.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.