Via with free copper Enig surrunding

Hello,
my aim is that my vias look like this on the pcb:

right now they look like this:

How can I change this, I played arround with F. Mask. but I didn’t get it. Can anybody help me?
Best regards
Fabian

That looks like tented via’s and is part of the fabrication option so you want “do not tent vias”.

The other option is to add a custom “test point” which is essentially a circle with the soldermask to pull back the resist

1 Like

The term for that is “tented via’s”.

You can control this via:
Pcbnew / File / Plot / (Plot Format: Gerber) / General Options / [ ] Do not tent via’s

2 Likes

Great!Thanks so much, the solution is so easy :slight_smile: Is there actually now an option for automaticly placement of vias ore an plugin?

I would love to see a way to handle stitching vias automatically but unfortunately there’s no way to do that AFAIK. There may exist a plugin for some simple handling, namely placing a bunch of vias on a defined grid, but that wouldn’t have any intelligence or dynamic handling. On the other hand I don’t see much intelligence in the screenshot :slight_smile:

1 Like

The vias on the screenshot were made to show how they look like in pcb. Does that mean, that I always need to fill my planes manually with vias? I thought about something like creating an array. The problem with array was, that on realy every position an via was made.

Something like this would be fine

I use the via stitching plugin from @jsreynaud for KiCAD v5.1.x you can find it here:

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you, this plugin is great:
grafik
I’m super happy!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.