VFQFPN48 7 x 7 Package

Hi friends. I am not found a VFQFPN48 7 x 7 package kicad library. I tried footprint wizard but it’s not contain VFQFPN48 7 x 7 package. How creat a VFQFPN48 7 x 7 package. Thanks.

Step 1: find a proper dimensioned drawing of your package. (should be in the datasheet of your device)
Step 2: If there is a suggested footprint in the datasheet then you can use that one (make sure you are happy with it as not every suggested footprint really is of good quality.)

Assuming you are happy with the suggested footprint then either use the qfp wizard or make the footprint by hand. The later is not as hard as you might think as kicad has quite powerful tools for creating footprints (array and custom grid.) A detailed tutorial about this is found here: Tutorial: How to make a footprint in KiCad 5.1.x (From scratch)? (including a way how to get to pad sizes if there is not a suggested footprint)

Or you go all out. All qfp and most of the qfn footprints of the official library are already script generated. The script takes the package dimensions and uses industry standards (IPC-7351B) to derive a footprint. This footprint will most likely differ from the one suggested in the datasheet unless they used the exact same standard (with the exact same manufacturing tolerances)

The script is found here: https://github.com/pointhi/kicad-footprint-generator/tree/master/scripts/Packages/Package_Gullwing__QFP_SOIC_SO

It requires python version 3.4 or newer and python yaml.
to run one of the existing scripts use python3 size_definition/vqfp.yaml (entered into a terminal. On windows you might need to give the path to python3.)

Look at the vqfp.yaml file to get an idea how to enter your parts dimensions. (copy an existing definition and adapt it too your needs.)

If you have further questions feel free to ask.

1 Like

Thanks for answer. I will use qfn package on footprint wizard

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.