Very thick looking board in 3D viewer

By the looks of it, my board seems about 10 mm thick in the 3D viewer, even though the .kicad_pcb file contains:

(general
    (thickness 1.6)
  )

Any ideas on where can I set the board rendering width? I’m using KiCad 7.0.2

In PCB, go to File/Board-Setup and set your stackup:

1 Like

My physical stackup is the following:

Yet, the board is very thick:

I see two boards? Is one an external 3D model and other the one you are editing in Pcbnew?

I’ve seen the same issue.
I had to clic on the adjust dielectric Thickness button, to get all the value correct.
I was on a file coming from a previous version of kicad. and the value displayed in the window were correct, but something was wrong in the file.
So after recalculating the board stack up the wrong value was corrected.

@kammutierspule It’s a single panel containing multiple boards optimized for manufacturing.

@bertrand_meneroud Thanks, that did it! When regenerating the panel with my script, the issue always reoccurs, and when recalculating the board stack up, it’s fixed. Oddly, after saving the fixed board, I noticed no file changes. Is this a known bug that should be reported?

I’ve no idea if it’s a known bug or not. And I didn’t report it. To me it happens only once, and after saving the board was OK. So I’ve just shrugged it off.

But I’ve also seen it on the panel board done via kikit. But I needed to fix the issue in my orignial board before running the kikit plugin.

I haven’t found such a bug, so I’ve just reported it:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.