Version 5.0 woes

Use the interactive router on a more complex board for a bit. Lets see if you still think the same :wink:

To be honest i typically display zones in outline mode not filled while i develop the board. (If it is on an inner layer i just disable the visibility of it completely as i do not care about it during layouting.)

We all have our own favorite ways of working :wink: I prefer to have the copper pour on whilst in layout. And, although not seriously so, I’m partially sighted so the legacy display helps me a lot.

Your screenshot is an unfair comparison by the way. You use different colors in legacy vs modern so it of course looks different.

I’ve not changed the colours from default, only the transparency in modern toolset mode.

Well the colors can also be changed in the same way. (Middle or double clicking on the colored square next to the layer names)

If you compare different color schemes you can not say if the rendering it self is to blame or if it is the color scheme. You need to reduce it down to one variable to make any conclusion! (Otherwise your complaints are to be read as “I do not like change”)

The colours are the same in both modes (close enough) Top copper red, bottom copper green. it’s the way the rendering mixes the colours that is the issue. And yes, if it is to become permenant, I don’t like the change :slight_smile:

Opacity is per layer it seems use { and } to adjust it to what you want… while this is more flexible than Legacy it isn’t good by default. By default my GND plane wasn’t transparent so it was like going blind when placing a via… easy fix though.

@cb88 If you look at my screenshot above, you can see the transparency I have set in the modern toolkit on the right. In no way is it as good as Legacy. I’m a bit upset that it will be taken away completely. I currently use a combination of modes to produce an entire board with the legacy view being my prefered view.

1 Like

Yes I’ve noticed that, it seems opacity affects the color intensity of the net rather than just how they are blended. Kind of backwards of what you want, eg the net colors stay exactly the same and easy to see if they aren’t intersecting. Basically the renderer should ignore opacity except for overlapping copper etc…

With the current OpenGL rendering you have to make a net almost invisible to see the net under it…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.