V7 rats nest still showing with trace connection

Just getting started with Kicad and doing a mixed - through hole and surface mount board. Using symbols and footprints that came with Kicad. Was going ok but about halfway through a simple design several (but not all) rats nest lines appeared where they had previously gone away. I fiddled with the traces but can’t seem to make the rats nest lines go away. How do I trouble shoot this? Its a double sided board. I am recreating a layout from photos and was going back and forth between the schematic and layout - identifying pads that are connected on the layout, then hopping to schematic and connecting the highlighted pins, then transferring the info to layout (F8) to get ratsnest line in layout and add trace to layout. It was all going well until this issue happened.

First look into New Member Information and follow the recommendations (==reading some more topics) until your user-account is levelled up to basic user.
Than you can add your current project (kicad main manager–>File–>archive project). Without the project-files all hints/tips are only guesswork.

Nevertheless one guess at the end: do you have used really “route tracks”-command to connect the pads in the board editor or only the simple “draw a line”-command? The latter will not work.

First look into New Member Information and follow the recommendations (==reading some more topics) until your user-account is levelled up to basic user.

Leveled up with a little help from his friends. :wink:

Doh! That is it. Was using route trace but inadvertently used draw line on the last few. Thanks! The image for both look very close to the same - maybe just a slight width difference. I suppose I could make them look different. The cursor for both looks the same too. Will have to be more careful.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.