V5,eeschema issue

Hi,I have created schematic by Kicad V4, opened it by V5, it occured issue,

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180801112220

I thought that it can not discern library symbol,

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180801112348

QQ%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%8720180801113508

and save file, it will occur issue,

What can I do?

Well most of the symbols you have probably just moved to new locations in the library… I only had a couple that din’t automatically update like yours.

You can just update the symbol to the new name… make a backup of your whole project first of course.

I imagine a kicad developer may have a better suggestion (I think there is a tool that is supposed to help remap) but I’m not sure if it will fix it all.

I have done the same a month ago and got the effect that some elements were looking good and some like in your exaple. I reported a bug:

Not sure what is your problem but in my case all lost elements were those with ‘/’ char in their name (like capacitors 10u/16, terminal blocks ETB34/2,…).
When you read the bug you will find that ‘/’ and some other charcters are now not accepted if used in element names (they will be probably accepted in V6).
I have changed ‘/’ in all my libraries and schematic to ‘_’ and had no problem with opening my V4 schematic in V5 (sone nigtly version just before stable V5 release - I did’t got stable V5 yet).

1 Like

When you opened the schematic, it should have prompted you to re-map the symbols. Did you do this?

1 Like

In my screenshot there why it is greyed out? because it knows all my symbols are already mapped?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.