Utilize easyw/kicadpcb2dfx

Dear I am trying to utilize easyw/kicadpcb2dxf but KICAD showing thus message…is there a complete zip file I could refer to ?

What is this supposed to do what can’t be done with PCB Editor / File / Plot / Plot Format: DXF

And adding this to a 6 year old tread is also not advised. KiCad has changed a lot since that time.

thanks tried this way before asking …problem is that dxf is really not so aligned to actual design,deformed shapes like this below…I am trying since days to export correctly and I was wondering if any debugged plugin available

May you post the dxf file!?

see this simple example attached…why this double lines along the fillet ?! this is making dxf unusable for simulations…

Vulcan OM VCC MAX 4L-ok SM-F_Mask.dxf (113.0 KB)
Vulcan OM VCC MAX 4L-ok SM-F_Mask.dxf (113.0 KB)

What is the origin of this stuff?

My best guess is that KiCad just exports the same vectors that it got as input earlier, and those double arcs are also on the PCB. (Is this from a PCB outline?)

KiCad also preserves arcs from dxf import, so I don’t know why each arc got translated into 5 line segments.

here some screenshots from PCB…not any double line there, this is what I mean, do not know where this double lines come from …thanks BTW

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.