Using IBIS Model in KiCAD

Hi,

I am looking to simulate Onsemi ICs using KiCad Capture. However, I am encountering an issue when I import the symbols and attempt to edit the simulation models in IBIS format. KiCad reports an error stating that there is no simulation available in the library. The symbols were downloaded from the mouser website while IBIS model were downloaded from Onsemi website. The specific ICs in question are:

• MC100EP142
  • MC10EP16
  • MC10EP08
  • MC10EP05

Any assistance in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

This is a good introduction to IBIS (versus SPICE) simulation: SPICE vs. IBIS: Choosing the More Appropriate Model for Your Circuit Simulation | Analog Devices.

IBIS is used for signal integrity simulation. You need a driver, the interconnect (typical on the board) and a receiver.

Symbols for the driver and receiver (including their ngspice models) are available in the KiCad Simulation_SPICE library. Model parameters for driver and receiver are given by the vendor’s IBIS model file. The electrical board data for the interconnect (R, L, C or transmission line) have to be provided by the user. An example is available at More simulation examples for KiCad/Eeschema/ngspice.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.