USB C to USB2.0

Hi!
I wanted to use a USBC connector for my stm32f4 based pcb. I imported the needed symbol and footprint, made the necessary connections but the electrical rules checker is giving me errors: Pins of type power outût and power output are connected which I do not understand. I am a newbie and this is my first pcb. Thanks

Welcome @Lilia_Troudi

Your imported symbol probably has incorrectly named “Electrical type” pin properties.

Open your symbol in your Symbol Editor, Right click “Properties (hotkey E)” on each pin and check the “Electrical Type” for each pin from the available list when you click the small triangle.

All your GNDs should be “Power Input”
Make your bus pins “Passive”.

1 Like

ERC is not very smart. Its main purpose is to check that everything is connected to something.
Eg: If you label a pin “Output”, it must be directly connected to an “Input”. If there is a resistor or capacitor or even a link between the Input pin and Output pin, ERC will throw up an error.

If you are not certain, use “Passive”. :slightly_smiling_face:

There is a small section in the Kicad Official “Getting Started” here. that also covers Power Flags.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.