Update PCB from new footprints in schematic

I see there are ways to update the schematic from changed footprints on the PCB, but it there a way to do the reverse? I’ve tweaked some footprints, saved them in my library, and then called them up in the schematic. I now want to update the PCB with the new footprints.

Rgds

AndrewR

This ?

or
or

or, finally, from the Schematic editor . . .

Thanks - I tried that but it is not updating the footprints (2 of them with small dimensional changes) - I checked and it does update circuit changes to the PCB, but I’m not getting the footprints through.

Update PCB from the schematic [F8] is a good idea when you have modified the schematic (such as changing footprint links), but if those footprints (same name, but an “older” copy) are already on the PCB, they probably do not get updated. To complete the task, also do a: PCB Editor / Tools / Update Footprints from Library.

Thats working - thanks. (I had to go through the change footprint dialog, so it asked what library to change from to what library to use)

AndrewR

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.