Unspecified Component Problem

Hello all,

I back again with another question for all the really smart people out there lol, but anyways on my project I’m working on I recently got my prototype boards in and started working on soldering on my components to the board and quickly realized that I needed to tweak my design a little from what I had. One of those changes was that I needed to upscale my power connector to my board from a S2B-PH-K-S(LF)(SN) to a DF1BZ-2P-2.5DS power connector because the s2b’s pin socket on the female plug was just to small for me to crimp with my crimp tool and I wasn’t getting a solid connection. So I up scaled to a slightly larger connector (DF1BZ) to have a little bit bigger of a cable plug and a better chance of crimping my custom wire harness together.

Well in doing so I had to update my schematic layout to accompany the new plug types in my diagram. When doing so I now am getting the following error codes:

Conflict problem between pins. Severity: warning
pin 2 (passive) of component r1 is connected to pin 1 (Unspecified) of component j1 (net 3)
pin 1 (unspecified) of component j1 is connected to pin 2 (unspecified) of component j2 (net 3)
Conflict problem between pins. severity: warning
pin 1 (passive) of component d2 is connected to pin 2 (unspecified) of component j1 (net 4)
pin 2 (unspecified) of component j1 is connected to pin 1 (unspecified) of component j2 (net 4)

Not really to sure whats going on but before with the old power connections I had no errors at all but now that I have upgraded to a slightly bigger connector I have these 4 errors now and was just wondering how I can fix this problem. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks for the time and the help.

The symbol for your component with reference j1 (I assume the connector symbol) has its pins as electrical type unspecified. This will always create an error as unspecified means “i the symbol designer do not know what it is the user must derive a more specific symbol for their usecase”.

Is there a way to change that inside the program? I know the #1 is my positive connection and #2 is my negative/ground. But will that effect my flow of current in the board if these aren’t corrected or will it work the way it is?

The electrical types of pins do not change how the board will look like. They are used only for ERC which is there to warn you about possible silly mistakes. (ERC can really only check for obvious problems)

The electrical types of your symbol are change in the symbol editor.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.