Unhandled exception during ERC related to non-existent spice models

Recently the ERC checks have been crashing with an unhandled exception error. Show spice netlist also causes an unhandled exception error. I have no simulation pins defined anywhere in my project. Any ideas of what I should look for if I edit the schematic files manually?

I set the ERC to ignore spice model errors and now I can run the ERC. Still I would like to fix the schematic if possible.

Application: KiCad x64 on x64
Version: (7.0.0), release build
Libraries:
	wxWidgets 3.2.1
	FreeType 2.12.1
	HarfBuzz 5.0.1
	FontConfig 2.14.1
	libcurl/7.83.1-DEV Schannel zlib/1.2.13
Platform: Windows 11 (build 22635), 64-bit edition, 64 bit, Little endian, wxMSW
Build Info:
	Date: Feb 12 2023 01:35:19
	wxWidgets: 3.2.1 (wchar_t,wx containers)
	Boost: 1.80.0
	OCC: 7.6.2
	Curl: 7.83.1-DEV
	ngspice: 39
	Compiler: Visual C++ 1934 without C++ ABI
Build settings:
	KICAD_SPICE=ON

spice-netlist

You must post your exact version and OS details from the help - about kicad - copy version info

I edited the original post with the version information. Thanks.

All versions numbered X.0.0 contains many bugs. Each last version number change typically means dozens of bugs fixed.
From 7.0.0 to 7.0.11 there are (11 * dozens) bugs fixed.

It looks that you like adrenalin as you use so buggy version :slight_smile:
Install 7.0.11 and then check if bug is still present.

Rather than 7.0.11, I suggest that you go straight to 8.0.1 and start on what is and will be the stable release series for the rest of this year. Sooner or later you will need to upgrade from V7 to V8, so might as well be now.

Yes that is my plan. Disabling spice model error checks has been good enough so far. I have been able to finish the schematic and layout (mostly). I’m going to send the PCB to production using the current version. I will upgrade to 8.0.1 to produce the BOM. New features look nice.

@Piotr When it comes to production software I am the polar opposite of “Adrenalin junky” If its not broke I don’t need to fix it and possibly introduce regression errors into my work flow. Of course its reasonable to expect to have to upgrade at some point to continue receiving support. Thanks.

I didn’t installed 7.0.0 and 7.0.1 at all to skip most buggy versions. I started using V7 from 7.0.2. And whenever new V7 version was released I installed it after waiting few days to allow the new important bugs be found and fixed (if such would happen).
I am simply surprised that someone is using version having the biggest possible number of bugs when new versions (certainly less buggy) are available. And also that writes at forum about bugs that probably were fixed long ago.
7.0.0 of course is working but you never know when you be caught by a bug.
Inserting new bugs with last digit version number change has small likelihood because no new features are added, and no user interface changes are done, and no file format changes are allowed.
Now I didn’t installed V8 yet but it comes mostly from the fact that I am currently busy with something other then PCB design.
And, yes - I’m using KiCad professionally, not as a hobby.