Undue RatNest after panelization (create array)

After successful routing without any remaining error I selected the whole PCB, then right-clic and Special Tools / Create Array a 2x3 panel. Works properly except that a new RatNest is created interconnecting the 6 individual PCBs.

What am I doing wrong?

Best,
Christian

Version info
Please note: don’t request me to upgrade Kicad because 6.0.11 is the lastest available for my MacPro 5,1 2010 and OS X 10.4.6. Thanks to programmed obsolescence :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Upgrading toward an earlier MacPro would cost waaaay too much!

Application: KiCad PCB Editor

Version: (6.0.11-0), release build

Libraries:
wxWidgets 3.1.5
libcurl/7.54.0 LibreSSL/2.6.5 zlib/1.2.11 nghttp2/1.24.1

Platform: macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6 (Build 18G9323), 64 bit, Little endian, wxMac

Build Info:
Date: Jan 26 2023 15:47:00
wxWidgets: 3.1.5 (wchar_t,wx containers)
Boost: 1.81.0
OCC: 7.6.3
Curl: 7.64.1
ngspice: 38
Compiler: Clang 12.0.0 with C++ ABI 1002

Build settings:
KICAD_USE_OCC=ON
KICAD_SPICE=ON

Nothing. It’s a normal consequence of 6 copies of the nets being in the array. The PCB editor thinks they should be connected. If you are sure each board is correct you could ignore the ratsnest.

Thanks for your fast reply.

I didn’t find a way to mask the undue ratnest. Would this be possible?

And even more: tell the PCB editor that it shouldn’t assume such oddities?

Kind caress to your feline!

To eliminate the ratsnest the paneliser would have to give each of the nets unique IDs, like GND001, GND002, and so forth for every net. Just ignore the lines, generate the gerbers and forget them. I assume you have planned some way of separating the array, like V-cuts?

Yes, sent the PCB to JLC and assumed 0.4 mm V-cut as advised. Also added edge rails, holes and fiducials (but useless as mounting will be by hand soldering). JLC replied PCB is OK.

To remove the ratsnest lines between the PCBs turn off the ratsnest icon. See red arrow, Objects list, Appearance panel, RHS of screen.

Hover over the eye, read the pop-up text, then left mouse click.

Version: (6.0.11-0), release build

Confession time…missed that, but I don’t remember what 6.0.11 looked like anyway. :cry:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.