Unconnected net labels in schematic

Hi all,

I cant seem to connect any two nets together via a common net label. Grid spacing for all my components are on a 50mil spacing so grid mismatch is not the issue.

When I connect the pins with a physical wire between I do not obtain an ERC unconnected pin error.

Here is an example from some uart pins. I cant show the other end due to I being limited to 1 image per post

Check the labels at the other end. The DRC arrow is just a hint, it identifies the net but often not the exact location of the error.

We need full project for further investigation. You didn’t provide the DRC error log.

In meantime, check your labels for tilde character ~. It has a special meaning and it’s hidden. For example ~LABEL and ~LABEL~ looks the same (LABEL with overscore) but for Eeschema they are different.

ps. This is a serious bug but the devs doesn’t see the dangerous.

1 Like

Thank you all. I have just solved the problems. Nothing too major. Just the labels were wrong in terms of matching the label spellings themselves.

Quick question: Might there be a better way to keep track of the nets in a large schematic apart from the ERC? Maybe in a tabular form? It can get a bit hectic to scroll through ERC all the time…

If it’s not there and no one has got a 3rd party script, then no… EEschema is being refurbished atmo and come v5 (don’t hold your breath) it might be possible this can be implemented.

I don’t know what you have in mind as far as “keeping track” of the nets. The " (nets . . . . ) " section of the netlist gives a succinct summary of each net, its name, and associated nodes. (Currently, that is the last section of the netlist file.) Of course, it’s not updated anywhere close to real-time; changes appear only when you explicitly generate a new netlist.

But it IS human-readable, and open to investigation and processing and analysis by scripts or programming languages with efficient string operators. It should be possible, for example, to create a table something like a drill-map, where you list all the nets by name and identify all the components to which they connect.

Dale

1 Like