Unconnected in OpenGL, not in default

Hi,

in default mode I have no unconnected, when I switch to OpenGL its shows 1 unconnected.
DRC shows no unconnected.

Tried to turn everything of and just show ratsnest, but not able to any unconnected pads.

Never seen this before.
Can I trust default view with no unconnected pads?

4.0.2 stable, win7x64

@Andy_P: Are your suggestions a work around or confirmation that Kicad’s behaviour is correct? I would have thought that pcbnew should be entirely real-estate driven to match reality - especially the DRC. (I must admit to similar - but not identical - thoughts in respect of ERC for schematic layout, but realise how naive/heretical that must sound.)

It is unfortunate that the push & shove router in the openGL mode can break traces occasionally. Running the Merge overlapping traces can clear up some of these.

2 Likes

Ah. So it is a bug. Given that I am new to Kicad and have enough to learn at the moment, I will let someone else report it.

I think that a bug report was filed about a month ago.

Exit and enter pcbnew.
Reread the netlist.

Check for bits of traces that hold and old / wrong net name.

Kicad cannot rename trace completely if 2 traces of different names overlap.

Just my observations under Cairo.

Today after the computer had been to sleep and restarted kicad it showed zero unconnected.
So guess its fixed.
Tried yesterday to restart kicad but it had no effect.

thanks

i will look for it

this function worked for me, I had a problem that when performing the DRC check, it shows no error and no details about unconnected pinsd/vias, I checked almost everything on the board but still there was a small information that i had 1 unconnected. using Edit–> Cleanup Tracks and Vias Had deleted the overlapping tracks which you cannot notice easily in your board. I suggest trying it.