Unable to connect Wire to Pins

I am trying to make a Schematic but on running Electrical Rules Checker, I am getting errors saying “Pin Not Connected (Use “no connection” flag to suppress this error)”…

I feel, there seems nothing amiss in my way of connecting wires… The lines seems perfectly attached to pins… However, each time when Rules Checker is run, the error flashes…

I am trying to use Kicad for the first time after watching tutorial on YT, so I guess I am missing out on something really silly…

Request any help on the same please…

Regards,
Rahul

Please post a screen shot or two. Have you changed the grid settings? This is the most common mistake. You should see a little square if you aren’t connected.

No, I didnt do any changes to the Grid Settings, however would try it now…!! As shown in one of the tutorials, I was expecting a round dot (a junction point) to automatically appear at the intersection of two wires, which also isnt happening…

Thanks and regards
Rahul

DO NOT change the grid settings from 50 for now.

EDIT: Is the blue line a ‘buss’? I think that’s the problem. It should just be a regular wire connection.

Thank you so much indeed… I have been able to get rid of almost all errors related to connections… However, one still persists and am uploading the pic here… If possible, kindly help me getting rid of this one too, so that I can feel confident going forward with the schematic…

Regards
Rahul

Is the DRC error still the same as before? Did you make the “VDC” symbol yourself? How does it look without a wire?

No, I didnt make the VDC symbol… Not reached that stage of competence yet… So am just trying to pick symbols from library and play around…!!! Without the wire it just looks like a Red Cross inside a circle with a tiny magenta tail underneath…

Sorry forgot to mention that DRC error is different this time: It says “Pin Connected to Other Pins, but not driven by any pin; Pin 1 (Power Input) of component #PWR0102 is not driven (Net 3)”

The same error is flashed for the Ground Component too: “Pin Connected to Other Pins, but not driven by any pin; Pin 1 (Power Input) of component #PWR0101 is not driven (Net 16)”
Regards
Rahul

What library is that symbol from? Man i of all people should know that this symbol is from the official lib.

In general: (Start Here) Frequently Asked Questions

1 Like

Thank you so much for the pointer…!! I read the FAQ and was able to determine that putting a PWR_FLAG wud resolve the error…!!

Done…!!

Thanks again…!!

Regards,
Rahul

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.