Typo on KLS'c page. Where should I report?

Hi, where do I report a typo on the KLC webpage?

The typo is here

(EDIT: it’s actually in github, see a post below.)

It’s “kicad-website”, you can do a merge request on these files: https://gitlab.com/kicad/services/kicad-website/-/tree/master/content/klc.

1 Like

I am not sure if the website has already moved. So it might be that the github page is where the request would need to be made. (If the recent blog posts were made on gitlab then it should be possible to use gitlab if not then i would suspect it is still github)

1 Like

The newest change on the Gitlab repo was 7 months ago.

@Rene_Poschl are you saying Kicad is being moved to Github or it is just the website?

@Rene_Poschl how do I fork it to make the merge request? I am not finding the button to do that.

It looks like the repository hasn’t been migrated to gitlab. It’s still in github, here: https://github.com/KiCad/kicad-website

All of KiCad was on GitHub. The source code has moved to GitLab
Other sections like the website itself have not migrated yet

2 Likes

Actually, the code was on launchpad… The launchpad stuff moved to Gitlab. The at least some (if not all) of the stuff that was on Github is still there.

1 Like

The thing is there are good technical reasons for a move from launchpad to anything else. However a move from github to gitlab is possibly only done for political reasons so much less of a benefit to the project itself. However the workload for a move from github to gitlab is quite high especially if one has CI setup.
And i guess things like the library download page might be near impossible to transfer (but i have not looked into this as i never remembered that thing in the past).

1 Like

I don’t know the details, but the KiCad project and its needs are far from trivial, and offers for Open Source projects may differ between gitlab and github, so I wouldn’t talk about “political” unless I really know.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.