Track will not pass between pads as expected

Or may be because the end point specify by the user mouse, so it need to be on the grid, and that make it impossible for auto-route reach the destination without violating DRC at the destination?

Hi Tom,
Even if you are a developer, and one of the most important ones, I tell you to try my solution.

I’m sure the manual routing relies on the grid. With the exception of the magnetic pads.

You can test it easily: select a 5mm grid and try to route a track.

Cheers,
Pedro.

I also have experiences when I have changed grid to smaller and managed to route a track which was otherwise unroutable.

I agree with eelik, routing seems to depend on grid spacing. Things I cannot route at 25 mil grid do route at 1 mil grid.

Thanks @twl … I’m using v5.0.0.

OK, try 5.0.2 or the latest nightly, I don’t see this extra clearance issue there.

Tom

As Tomasz mentioned, you might try 5.0.2. You are running into a bug where tracks identified as differential pairs would have their single track clearance to all nets computed using the differential pair gap. This was fixed for 5.0.1 and later.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.